Hello again, Bloggers.
I recently attended an event called Arts in the Park Festival run by my local community group, Entertaining Local Knowle. It included lots of different activities; food, art, jewelry and more. The event went from 12 AM - 5 PM. I was a volunteer - directing lost people to the different stalls. Over three thousand people attended over the course of the day!
It was a lot of fun, even though we had to wear high-vis. Perhaps the event more relevant to Creative Writing that took place in this free festival was the monologue readings. It was inspiring, really, even my dad enjoyed them and he's not one for that kind of thing. They were all about 5 minutes long and even had little kids in awe. Overall, helping out at this event has been a great experience and I encourage you all to get involved with your community events!
Until next time,
- J
No comments:
Post a Comment