Something’s happening,
That much I know.
One moment I’m warm,
And the next I’m cold.
That much I know.
One moment I’m warm,
And the next I’m cold.
Dad’s running down the street,
My brothers in tow,
Carrying me to
My "fake" nana’s home.
My brothers in tow,
Carrying me to
My "fake" nana’s home.
I’m on a bed,
Something is said...
Shocking, exciting,
Nervous, dread.
Something is said...
Shocking, exciting,
Nervous, dread.
The baby’s coming,
I hope she’s a girl.
There’s three boys already,
God, please be a girl.
I hope she’s a girl.
There’s three boys already,
God, please be a girl.
I picked out her name,
Not long ago.
I want to call her Rainbow,
But mother says no!
Not long ago.
I want to call her Rainbow,
But mother says no!
It’s in the name book,
I whimpered and cried.
My mother didn't falter,
With that look in her eye.
I whimpered and cried.
My mother didn't falter,
With that look in her eye.
I can’t sleep – no can’t!
There’s too much at stake.
“She’s born,” dad said.
And she’s sharing your bed!
There’s too much at stake.
“She’s born,” dad said.
And she’s sharing your bed!
Just kidding, of course,
But it wasn't long till
I gained a bunk bed,
And my life became Hell.
But it wasn't long till
I gained a bunk bed,
And my life became Hell.
Crying at night,
A messy bedroom,
Her friends sleeping over,
My irritation bloomed.
A messy bedroom,
Her friends sleeping over,
My irritation bloomed.
Remind me again,
Why I wished for a girl?
There’s always adoption,
For that little ugh.
Why I wished for a girl?
There’s always adoption,
For that little ugh.
I love this soooo much!!!!! made me smile :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha, thank you
ReplyDelete